Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today starts week 4, day 2….

Today starts week 4, day 2…..

Of the Eat to Live healthy eating/living plan…

Easy Fruit Breakfast with Coconut! Yummy!
And…..I feel fabulous!

This was my breakfast!   

As we, Sara, Matt, Winter and I have traveled this road together, our pace of life has changed, we no longer stop on the way home for whatever fast food sounds good to us and the kids, we now arrive at home and either help make our new food recipes or we warm up what we made in advance….

We have all lost weight, ( I have lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks) but that to me is not as important.....as the fact that we all have a better quality of life!  We have glowing skin, better digestion, immense energy and happier attitudes! Really! Our emotional health has been affected too!

GLOWING SKIN…..what a beautiful thing! I have also noticed that the lines next to my mouth that make me look like a puppet are diminished also….it is the food that I eat…the Eat to Live food plan for life……

Forbes Woman has an article: Foods To Make Your Skin Glow, and it explained why my skin is so awesome…..I am eating all these wonderful foods that are so good for me and I am NOT eating all these awful foods that are so bad for me.,….

My heartburn is still gone, my skin is clearing, my intestinal difficulties are much improved, I have more stamina, more energy……

I am not saying that sometimes this eating plan isn’t hard…sometimes it is….many times it is the detox effect that makes me crave soda, chocolate, chips, etc….many times it is the emotional eating rearing its ugly head….I had a really stressful week this week and I craved my usual Maverick Bahama Momma dog, chips and a Pepsi several times….but I resisted and have been rewarded with a healthier body and life.

Last week our  team at work had a BBQ in 7 minutes...I was really anxious…I was hungry and I was sure my lunch wouldn’t compare with the BBQ and all the trimmings......I wanted chicken too.....what was I saying? I hate chicken...but I wanted to eat bbq'd food too....I knew that my lunch was tasty and would fill me up...but I felt cheated....

Mango Back-Bean Salad
In retrospect, I did fine!!!  The mango-black-bean salad was awesome and was actually really very tasty!!!  

I was pretty proud that I did so well....everyone could tell that I was doing something different than they were...everyone asked....I explained what I was doing the best that I could...really it is Sara who is the expert and her and Winter are saving my life...

My children are saving my life…..


No comments:

Post a Comment