Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 5......thinking about other things....

Day 5 dawns a rather sleepy Sunday for me....but also with the knowledge that my last day home with my family and relaxin’ is over...........

..onto another facet of my life, my career....this is one area that I am truly NOT happy with!

I went back to college after 30 years and 1.5 credits in January of 2008. I worked my ass off, many times walking up the stairs of UVU with tears running down my face. There aren't many places in a campus setting for a 50 yr old and I keenly felt all my rough edges...

I had it better than most, I had TONS of acquaintances and friends from my hockey days, but still there were so many problems and issues and heart-aches...

I sacrificed time with my family, my children and my grandkids, there were more days than I can count that I felt guilty for being with my grandkids while my homework went undone.....

In April I walked in the graduation ceremonies and now I am waiting to finish one online class this fall and then my diploma comes in the mail....WOW! It went by so fast, my degree in Business and Communication is something that I am very proud of! 

BUT.....

It was supposed to be a springboard for me to get a great job….

I don’t have that job yet…..I work for a company that does NOT value their employees, 2 of the TOP managers in our sales teams have left for other pastures in the last 3 months with the same advice to me, “get a new job”. 

My skills in Marketing and Communications are solid and exemplary, this week of contemplation has really helped me define my job search and I am refining my resume and focus…

This morning I wake up ready to tackle the world again….is this the energy that I was told that I would find from ‘EATING TO LIVE’?





No comments:

Post a Comment