Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2.....

I am sure that the overwhelming question is???? Am I hungry?

The answer would be NO! I am stuffed with broccoli, romaine, fruit, mushrooms, etc. This type of hunger is physical hunger and I am NOT experiencing physical hunger.

The answer is also YES! I am hungry for chocolate, Pepsi, Taco Bell, etc. This kind of hunger is called 'mouth-hunger' and I am experiencing it! Not a lot, but enough to give me concern.

The food is still tasty, mostly, though I had a hard time with nothing on my romaine salad but lemon juice.

An interesting note: I have not experienced any heartburn what so ever with this eating plan! This is really monumental as I have experienced heartburn nearly everyday of my life for the past 3-4 years.

Breakfast consisted of blueberries, bananas, walnuts and sunflower seeds with oatmeal, not cooked with water, but real live oatmeal flakes sprinkled over the top. It was tasty but I could not finish it. (too much)

Lunch was baggies of raw carrots, celery & broccoli (no ranch!!! bleh! I need a reality check here) and a big bowl of cooked broccoli with ginger sauce (yummy)

I have no idea what dinner holds for me, but I am sure it will be another adventure!

Winter and I were just talking about how our psyches are struggling with the lack of comfort foods....food has become our pacifiers....and our bodies show the dependence on such.

I read today on 'tiny buddha', "Take a look around and ask yourself: Is this what I want, for my present or my future? And if not: What can I do today to help discover and create my yes?"

I want to be healthy, I want to snowboard this year, I want to run, play and have stamina and energy.  I want to have the energy to ride bikes with my kids...

At this point in my life, as a 275 pound 52 yr old woman, my physical future is in doubt....

soooo as I look at my paci's...and as I learn to leave them alone and 

as I learn to see food as fuel for the body and not a solution to a problem that doesn't involve hunger...

I am changing what I want for my life....

and if I can help you understand food and how it pacifies us...and how maybe that is NOT the answer....

then that is pretty damn cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment