Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 3.....after an evening meltdown....

Day 3....
My son had a friend spending the night last night and they requested pizza for dinner....now in a perfect world I would have whipped up some scintillating style of plant based pizza that rivaled Little Caesar's in perfection...but no can do....maybe Sara could have worked it out....but I couldn't.

...having Little Caesar's ham and pineapple pizza in the house caused Winter and I to have one huge meltdown, she was near tears and I hid in the bathroom.....but I didn't have any pizza....instead I was introspective on why I was so upset....

I realized that whole 'food-is-a-pacifier' thing was happening again and I just stayed away from the pizza...

Now as I am almost done with Day 3.....

I have a lot to think about...

...remember that heartburn? Gone... still haven't had even a hint of heartburn....remember please, that I dealt with nearly daily heartburn for years and years.... 

Another thing...I have these little water balloon rings around my ankles....well...I did...I have watched these puffy rings get smaller and smaller the last 3 days...

3 days! In just 3 DAYS, I have seen astounding changes in my physical body....the fact that my heartburn has not made a presence is just WOW!....

For today's breakfast we had melons, strawberries and my fave sunflower seeds... it is so fascinating to me that I can love something for breakfast so much! I am so used to egg, ham n cheese style sandwich's for breakfast...just look at the difference!

Lunch was pizza, not Little Caesar's mind you, but a beautiful rendition with a whole wheat tortilla, tomato paste, mushrooms, broccoli and non-dairy cheese. Included was a salad with romaine, mandarin oranges, onion, sunflower seeds and walnuts.....topped by a blueberry dressing, it was very tasty! REALLY!!!




Dinner was  lasagna with long zucchini slices instead of noodles, tofu instead of cheese....believe me when I say that I could have eaten a pan full, and you know what, since it is plant based, I could have, but instead I sit here nicely full and content.

As I end this day, I actually have hope that this is a way to change my life and health for the better, this just might actually work for me.....

I am excited.....because doing what I have been doing was not taking me to a place of health.....at 51 years old, 275 pounds, I was probably taking years off my life everyday.....and that is something to really really ponder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment