Sunday, July 10, 2011

No kidding! Simple Bean Burgers for dinner....

Ending Day 5 and I am feeling pretty good.....

Tonight's dinner was 'Simple Bean Burgers' from the recipe portion of the 'Eat to Live' (EtoL) book.

We all went into this with some trepidation after we read the recipe at lunch:
mashed red beans, mashed sunflower seeds,  finely chopped onion, a few spices, ketchup (YAY!!!) maybe something else....then baked.

But I have to tell you, the thought of a mashed bean burger, didn't have me too excited for dinner...

All in all? It was pretty good!  We had these tiny little healthy bun type thingys and we ate them like real hamburgers. We can have all the mustard that we want, so we had them with Dijon mustard and a nice thousand island dressing that Sara made from the 'EtoL' book.

Sara has been working on dip and dressing recipes for me. I am a true Hidden Valley Ranch fan and I adore the 'real' Thousand Island dressing...

Thanks to Sara for all her hard work! 

As I learn this new eating plan and see the benefits; 5 days no heartburn, circulation better (swelling continues to reduce in my ankles), weight loss and clearer mentally, I see all the horrid food that exists in my house and I want to share this better way of eating with my kids....

This morning I was so excited to introduce to my adorable much-loved 11 yr old son, Tuffy, to a breakfast of blueberrys, bananas, sunflower seeds and a tiny drizzle of soy milk.

Ha! After cajoling, temper tantrums, and a talking to; he decides to 'try' a bite. As soon as the very small spoonful reaches his tongue he starts gagging and runs to the bathroom and dry heaves over the sink while crying for 5 minutes....

EPIC FAIL........he gets it from his brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment