Tuesday, July 19, 2011

McDonalds French Fries addiction......


Tomorrow dawns the beginning of week 3….I will have been on the Eat to Live plan for 14 days. As the eating plan becomes more mainstream in my life,  I realize that some food was and is an addiction for me….

Have you ever heard a song that just totally changed your mood and made you so sad and so sorry for yourself that you went from happy to crying in 5 seconds flat? That happened to me on the way home from work today. About 5 minutes after I was just thrown into the pit of despair, I passed a bill board with a HUGE picture of McDonalds French Fries on it, now I wasn’t hungry, but I remembered exactly what those French Fires would taste like and how salty they were and how yummy they were and I knew, I knew, that if I got a jumbo size and sat and ate it that I would feel happy again…..

And so it is true…..I would feel happy to stuff myself with those French Fries…I would lay there and feel satisfied and feel content…never mind that his kind of eating got me to the 3 ring circus of obesity, pre-diabetes and most likely heart disease…but when food is used for comfort….

But……….. I didn’t stop and buy any, instead I reflected on my mood, my sadness and what food used to do for me….and instead of drowning my sorrows in a McD’s FF box, I came home to write about it instead…


I read the excerpt of this poor girls abduction....it is very well written and thought provoking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment